Windows 2000

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 2000

I upgraded my old Dell from Windows 98 SE to Windows 2000 Professional with a Dell re-install disk because of constant crashing in 98 SE. Either on the install or shortly thereafter some sort of virus got inside my PC. I installed Adaware 6.0, Spybot Search & Destroy, AVG Free anti-virus, and Registry Mechanic and ran each program to try and rid my PC of this pest. I went to Add/Remove Programs and tried to remove some suspicious looking entries and was taken on a wild goose chase of stupid questions about why I shouldn't remove these valuable programs. I keep getting these ridiculous pop up adds telling me my PC is infected and that I should go to some website and spend $40 for them get rid of the problem that I think they statrted to begin with. I don't know how this pest got on the PC and I don't know how to get rid of it. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Tom
    Sleepy Hollow, NY

Virus !!

Hi ..
    I think your transfer from 98se to 2000 prof. give you a little problem , but don't care we can solve this problem ..
    i think that you have a popups that infect your operating system .. i can suggest for you one program that called " Advanced System Optimizer " , this program can help to clean your computer ..

but if you have virus in your computer try to install a program to clean this virus and i suggets for you Norton Antivirus 2005 he very good or Norton Corporate 8.0 or 9.0 ( 9.0 is better for Xp SP2 ) ..

Another tip for you , never accept poups which pretend to allert you of possible virus infection. that is basically a trap. one you click the button, you get the click of death!

Comment

Thank you!

I'll give it a try and let you know the results.

Tom
      Sleepy Hollow, NY

Comment

Also try Microsoft Anti-spyware program. I found 4 thing the others didn't. Adware and Spybot. For right now its free.

Comment

W2K

Thank you!

I'll give it a try.

Regards,

Tom

Comment

Working...
          X