Vanishing password

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vanishing password

The log in password on my laptop —Dell Inspiron 6000— vanishes from time to time and I have to log in as administrator to reset it.

Yes, I know that I could just log in as administrator and let it go at that, but my laptop is also used by at least one other in my office and I'd rather have a discrete, non-admin log in.

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Vanishing password

Does this password vanish happen every, oh I don't know, say 42 days?
    Is the laptop in a workgroup (stand alone) situation or is it part of a Domain?

Do you and the other user both use the same non admin user account or do you have separate accounts with your own passwords?

Kudos to you for being smart enough to recognise the advantages of using a non admin account. Very well done.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Re: Vanishing password

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
      Does this password vanish happen every, oh I don't know, say 42 days?

Is the laptop in a workgroup (stand alone) situation or is it part of a Domain?

Do you and the other user both use the same non admin user account or do you have separate accounts with your own passwords?

Kudos to you for being smart enough to recognise the advantages of using a non admin account. Very well done.
      You know, I never thought about it being regularly cyclic but, now that you mention it, it may be so.

The laptop is part of a domain.

Same log in . . . makes it simpler for me than having to remember both passwords and to have to answer the phone at odd hours to remind him of his!

Thanks for the kudos . . . but so as not to be sailing under false colors . . . I've been around computers, on and off, since the IBM 360 mainframe days of the late 1960s . . . not quite up to speed on XP, though.
      Last edited by Noah; 7th February 2008, 21:38. Reason: grammar

Comment

Working...
      X