XP - Can not log in, need HELP bad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XP - Can not log in, need HELP bad

When I try to log into XP Pro, it logs me off right away.
    Going to deploy on monday, need help fast and bad.
    Gotta get into my system for my PDA.

Please help or point me in the right direction.

Can you get in as another user account, ie administrator? If not try safe mode and check event viewer for problems.
    Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

no go, for each account the samething. I can get in when I do a repair, but as soon as I reboot the samething. Tried all the safe modes and even guest. I will loose alot of stuff if I reformat. Hope I don't have to go that route.

thanks for any help.

Comment

Reinstall the O/S and use the upgrade option. All data should be safe (assuming you don't accidently format the drive). This is a good lesson on the benefits of a backup.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Didn't see an upgrade option, just a repair option.
          I press enter to install XP, it finds a previuos version and it gives me the option to repair or freah install.

Comment

Sorry, poor choice of words. Choose repair. This repairs (upgrades) the operating system and fixes any corrupted files etc. I am unable to walk you through this option at the moment as I haven't used repair for quite some time. If you have any problems or question get back to us and I will setup a machine and run through it to get reaquainted with the steps.
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

I already tried that. I get in after that, but as soon as I reboot I get the samething. I there something else I can do once I'm in?

Comment

check event viewer
                Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

I'm only asking the obvious question: Did you activate your system? Otherwise, if it's not that, try to keep the computer on the logon screen, and from a different computer connect to the event viewer and see what errors you're getting.

Also, could it be some sort of quota on the hard disk? Or any other profile related thing?

Try to connect to the C$ of the machine from another computer and delete the user profile (make sure you backup any files you need, or even better - the entire user profile).

Lastly, could it be some sort of hardware related problem? Any changes you made?
                  Cheers,

Daniel Petri
                  Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
                  MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

If you have a broad band connection you can download a version of knoppix
                    http://www.knoppix.org and burn it to cd. After you do that just boot into it and then start backing all your files up to an ftp server. You could also use this to see if there is any hardware malfuntions.
                    Come chill at my site
                    -----------------------

Comment

Did you hve any anti virus installed. I was told yesterday of a virus that causes the same symptons you describe. I don't however know the name of the virus.
                      1 1 was a racehorse.
                      2 2 was 1 2.
                      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Thank you for all the feedback.

Yes its activated. But I didn't check the event view duh.

I got in and backed up my stuff.

I have Symantec Corp Ed loaded.

Comment

Working...
                        X