Hebrew Encoding Problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hebrew Encoding Problem

The encoding button no longer puts my emails into Hebrew for either Hebrew (Windows) or Hebrew (ISO-Logical). It used to work with either, as well as offering a third Hebrew option which also worked. So it is something I inadvertantly changed in some related default setting pertaining to language or fonts. Perhaps relevant: the Subject lines in the Inbox list does appear in Hebrew, and some messages in Hebrew have no problem anywhere. Suggestions welcome....thanks!

Janet
    XP Pro
    Last edited by janetb; 30th January 2008, 13:28.

Re: Hebrew Encoding Problem

Please post more info:
    - what OS are you using?
    - what e-mail application are you using?
    - in which application is happening the manifestation you describe here? In the e-mail application or in browser? If it's a browser, what version?
    - have you installed anything recently?

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    -

Comment

So sorry for the lack of info....

XP Professional
      Outlook Express 6
      The problem is in OE emails--not the browser.
      Hebrew davka appears on the Subject line in the Inbox, but not in either the Subect or the Message Body of the Preview Pane and the open email. The problem began after I tried (unsuccessfully) to make David my default Hebrew font for OE Email Reading and Composing. Couldn't figure out how to set a default English font AND a default Hebrew font.

Thanks,
      Janet

Comment

Try to go to Tools -> Options in OE6, to the Read tab and click the Fonts button. Try to change back the seatings like in the picture below.
        Attached Files

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
        -

Comment

My settings were already as in your picture....

Janet

Comment

"Were" before the change? Or "are" now?

Sorin Solomon

-

Comment

That's the way they were before my first post.
              That's the way they were after I read your post and went to check.
              That's the way they still are.

J.

Comment

Does it happen to all e-mail in Hebrew? Maybe there's a speciffic one that its original encryption is bad... I met plenty of those...
                Another thing: have you tried to change the font? From David to something else?

Sorin Solomon

-

Comment

Changing the font did not help. It changes the gibberish a bit--but not to Hebrew.

The problem is in about half of my Hebrew emails (old and new). Old emails which were perfectly fine before (in Hebrew) are now gibberish. Other old emails have remained fine (ie in Hebrew).

J.

Comment

P.s. I just discovered that the problem is in IE6 as well....Letters from a regular contributor in a Yahoo group whose letters were fine in the past are now gibberish. I checked it on the Yahoo group site and it is gibberish there too....

J.

Comment

The more you say, the more I start to believe that maybe the problem is not on your side...
                      What happens with other Hebrew messages? Do you see them in gibberish too?

Sorin Solomon

-

Comment

That was already answered in my post of 23:12...

J.

Comment

Didn't see that, I noticed only your first post. You can edit a previous post when you need to add something, there's no need to post a new one... Just click the "Edit" button, change whatever you need and press "Save".
                          What happens when you use the same font in Word? Does it show right?

Sorin Solomon

-

Comment

No problems with Word.
                            J.

Comment

Problem solved almost immediately on the Microsoft OE forum. The problematic messages turned to Hebrew when I encoded with Unicode (UTF-8 ).

Janet

Comment

Working...
                              X