Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time problems over the network

Hi.

I have searched the forum and cannot seem to find anything in here or on the net about this so I am clutching at straws.

I currenty work for a small bussiness and I have been haviong problems when changing the time on one of the PC's. The time is generally monitored and set by group policy but for some unknown reason this one PC seems to completly ignore this. When I try and change the time manually as the local administrator it will change it but then when I come to log in it comes up with an error along the lines "the network time and PC time are different please contact the administrator to log in"

I have tried to reboot after the time change, and this will just resets the time to 7hrs in the past and I have also tried "GPupdate /force" in command prompt to no avail.

Does anyone have any suggestions as they will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers in advance

Mark

Re: Time problems over the network

It may not be related, but does the computer in question have the DST2007 update?

Comment

Also, is the Regional Setting set to the correct location?
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

No, I don't think so. Why? Would that cause an issue?

Comment

Originally posted by MarkPartington View Post
          No, I don't think so. Why? Would that cause an issue?
          You're answering to which of the questions?
          What OS is the station running? Although you're talking about "Group Policy", you did not say if your stations are in an AD environment or not. And what version is the DC? 2000 or 2003 Server?
          Assuming you are in AD, have you checked that the given policy is applied on the computer? If not, run a gpresult command and see...

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
          -

Comment

There is a very easy way to do this that doesn't involve gp. You can sync the time of all pc's on the same subnet by creating a batch file using the Windows "net" command. The syntax is simply "net time /set /yes"

Place this in the root path of the server (c:\) and then place a shortcut to the batch file in the startup of all PCs using the UNC path (\\server\file). On boot they will all sync to the same time as the server.

You can also place this command in the scheduler to execute periodically if necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by Dansk View Post
              There is a very easy way to do this that doesn't involve gp. You can sync the time of all pc's on the same subnet by creating a batch file using the Windows "net" command. The syntax is simply "net time /set /yes"

Place this in the root path of the server (c:\) and then place a shortcut to the batch file in the startup of all PCs using the UNC path (\\server\file). On boot they will all sync to the same time as the server.

You can also place this command in the scheduler to execute periodically if necessary.
              Lot of work for something that can be placed in a logon script but I think this Service running sort of negates the need for all that work (assuming the DC is running the correct time).
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Time Sync.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	463433
              1 1 was a racehorse.
              2 2 was 1 2.
              1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
              2 2 1 1 2

Comment

You're right about that, and I forgot about this service. But as I recall that is only found on w2k or 2003 server. I just looked on my w2k machine and it is not there.

Comment

So many speculations on something we don't know ...
                  Was so much better if the OP would have post detailed information ...

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
                  -

Comment

Working...
                  X