X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating a Batch file for Reg add Entries and File Coping

Hi, can someone please help us!!
    I have 2 requests:
    1. We need to copy 2 files from 1 machine to 65 other machines on our network, can someone help in creating a batch/script file which looks at a .txt file with a list of all the machine ip address and then copies 2 files to all the machines listed?
    [B]2. I all so need to create a reg add entry for pointing the IE (Internet Explorer) proxy server to a IP address for HKCU, which will be 1 of the file for the above questions.
    Here is the entry we have created so far, but when we run this from a entry in a .bat file we get a error message "invalid key name".
    reg add "\\%1\HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersi on\Internet Settings" /v ProxyServer /d 172.16.86.124:8080 /f

I'm sorry if this is not making alot of sense but i've been up for over 27 hours trying to fix a number of issues and my support team is not available due to it being the weekend.

Thks, for anyone that can help us!!
    Last edited by adainty; 19th January 2008, 19:48. Reason: To add some more information

Re: Creating a Batch file for Reg add Entries and File Coping

Please do read the forum rules, and do NOT double post.

Mod please close

User infraction given
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Sorry, i thought i'd put this in the incorrect thread, so i posted the questions again as i couldn't move it. Sorry, i don't see the reason why you would want to pull the question because of this??

Comment

Thread closed because of double posting.
        Marcel
        Technical Consultant
        Netherlands
        http://www.phetios.com
        http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
        "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
        "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Working...
        X