Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XP PRO - Access denied on ipconfig/renew

Hi,

I have an XP pro laptop with SP2 and a Gb network card connected to a windows 2000 domain with an authorized DHCP server.

When you plug an active network cable into it, it just goes into a loop trying to get an ip address. when you do ipconfig/release then /renew it comes up as Local Area Connection cannot be assigned ip addrss as Access is Denied.

Assigning the network card with a static ip works fine, all nework access is granted and there is no issues at all.

Its not a switch issue as i've moved the laptop to another building and its having exactly the same issue.

Any ideas on a fix for this issue?

Re: XP PRO - Access denied on ipconfig/renew

could be a permission issue on one of the config files in windows. but it needs to be investigated
    ________
    Marijuana Vaporizers
    Last edited by DYasny; 6th March 2011, 18:01.
    Real stupidity always beats Artificial Intelligence (c) Terry Pratchett

BA (BM), RHCE, MCSE, DCSE, Linux+, Network+

Comment

A simple search returned some results:
      http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...22++renew+dhcp
      See if something from this site helps: http://www.chicagotech.net/ipconfig.htm

Good luck. Keep us posted.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
      -

Comment

I dont that google search, and none of it worked hence asking on here.

However the issue has been resolved. The laptop had been assigned a reserved address in DHCP to the mac address, someone in another office added a network device to this same ip address causing a conflic in dhcp

job done, thanks for your responses anyway

Comment

Cool !
          The next step was to ask you to check the Event logs, since usually you get more info than "Access is denied" in there. But I am glad to hear you solved the problem.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
          -

Comment

Working...
          X