Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• emlkdvo bug

Hi, Guys,
    I have somehow received this bug and I am unable toget rid of it.
    I have tried Avg virus,spybot etc to no avail. I have also tried to locate it in programs by add/remove programs and still no success.Can anyone help.I am a computer novice and so could you explain in an easy way what I need to do.
    Thank you,
    Peter.

Re: emlkdvo bug

Could you please tell us what version of Windows your computer is using?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

windows xp,
      Thanks

Comment

Windows XP Pro? Windows XP Home? Service Pack 1 or 2? All current hotfixes applied?

How do you know you have this virus if your anti-virus software has not discovered and removed it?

Tom
        For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Reported to mods / admins for move to Client OS forum. XP is not a server operating system
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I am on windows xp home.I realized I had this bug when a new toolbar opened up asking me to download a spyware programme.I went into tools>toolbars and found "the emlkdvo".I kept getting pop ups directing me to sites for spyware blocking,so i went onto disable add ons which has reduced pop ups but emlkdvo is still there.
            I am a complete novice and do not understand a lot of technical stuff,so any help would be appreciated,
            Thank you,
            Peter

Comment

Have you looked for removal instructions:
              http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...+emlkdvo&meta=
              Thank you,
              Tom Jones
              PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
              IT Trainer / Consultant
              Ossian Ltd
              Scotland

Comment

thanks,I did look at google tried one or two methods,no success,all the rest seem to be companies trying to sell programs and I dont know which to trust

Comment

Lavasoft's ADAware. Spybot - Search and Destroy. Two tools I COMPLETELY swear by and both have freeware versions.

Also, you should carefully look at the search posted above; there are many sites with forums dedicated to removing spyware which already have removal instructions.

Also check out Grisoft's AVG Anti-Malware - although unlike their free AV product you will have to buy it it's well worth the money.

Tom
                  For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Thanks for ypur help,I already have Spybot search and destroy.It does highlight the bug and appears to fix it,only for it to return later

Comment

Did you turn System Restore off BEFORE starting the removal process in Safe Mode?
                      1 1 was a racehorse.
                      2 2 was 1 2.
                      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
                      X