Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Logon unsuccessful: The user name you typed is the same as the user name you logged

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Logon unsuccessful: The user name you typed is the same as the user name you logged

Hi,
    Iam using win XP with service pack 2 and in a domain. When ever i try to access any shared resources after loging in to domain with my account iam getting an error message that
    "Logon unsuccessful: The user name you typed is the same as the user name you logged in with. That user name has already been tried. A domain controller cannot be found to verify that user name.". An user name password box will prompt and if i give my user name and password the same error will show once again. If i use some others user name and password i can able to access the share folders. this is happening not only to my account who ever logged into that particular machine will get the same error. Can you please help me??

Thanks and Regards
    Jeevan

Re: "Logon unsuccessful: The user name you typed is the same as the user name you log

Seems that TCP/IP sessions are not terminated.
    I recommend you restart the computer and test again.

Are you logging in locally or to a domain on this particular machine?

Check what is FQDN on the computer is set, and if it joined to the domain.
    Best regards,
    Mostafa Itani

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: "Logon unsuccessful: The user name you typed is the same as the user name you log

Hi,

Additionally while specifying the credentials, specify in below format:

Username: domain\username

or

Username: [email protected]

Regards,
      Kapil Sharma
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Life is too short, Enjoy It.

Comment

Hi, It could be that the desktop is not part of the domain. And so whoever log in into the desktop are using their local credentials only. Additionally, also check if there is any issue with your domain User ID, whether the account is locked or password got expired etc.. etc..

Comment

Hi,
          Thanks for the comments.

The machine is properly joined to domain. I have disjoined and joined twice. Who every logged into the machine with their on ID will get the same error when they try to access any shared folders even from the file server or any other same network machines.
          Please suggest some thing other than formatting the machine

Thanks and Regards
          Jeevan

Comment

Even I donot think that format will solve the issue.........:

We usually face this issue if have the user with same name in both places source and target....

If this is the case once put the same password for the users in both places and give it a try..........

Regards,
            Kapil Sharma
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Life is too short, Enjoy It.

Comment

Working...
            X