Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want to reinstall XP onto a messed up syste.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to reinstall XP onto a messed up syste.

I just did a repair after a jerk put xp pro over my xp home. It really messed up my puter. Now I have an icon that says this version of win xp is no longer secure. What does that mean?

I still want to uninstall pro and reformat my hd that was partitioned and get rid of the dual boot...how can I do this?

Is there anywhere online I can get someone to do this for me by remote access? I am willing to pay a small fee.

Thanks, Alta

Re: I want to reinstall XP onto a messed up syste.

Please do NOT hijack another members thread. You question was not related to theirs in any way. Always start a new thread for your question.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Also, we'll need more info - it seems as if you have a dual boot - Pro *and* home?
      sigpic

Comment

I am confused here now, where is my original post and what is this about hijacking thread?

Comment

Your original thread is the one right up the top. The hijacking was you posting your question in someone elses thread. Makes it confusing when there are answers for 2 posters in the one thread. That is why a new thread should be started for a new question even if it is similar to one already asked.

As to your question/problem, it might be a good idea to backup all your data (don't forget Favorites), make a note of all settings, email etc and do a clean install of the operating system. This will fix any mess that your computer may be in.
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by Altanana View Post
            I just did a repair after a jerk put xp pro over my xp home. It really messed up my puter. Now I have an icon that says this version of win xp is no longer secure. What does that mean?

I still want to uninstall pro and reformat my hd that was partitioned and get rid of the dual boot...how can I do this?

Is there anywhere online I can get someone to do this for me by remote access? I am willing to pay a small fee.

Thanks, Alta
            As biggles suggested, sometimes its easier to backup / format / reinstall

Not knowing the full extent of whats happened, I would assume from your post that they have either upgraded xp home to xp pro, or they have installed xp pro on a different partition with windows home as the 'base' operating system

If the first thing is what has happened, I don't know of any real way to revert back to xp home. I don't think a repair install will undo the changes that xp pro would do. I would suggest backup / format / reinstall

If the second is what has happened, thats a little easier to deal with. Basically in essence you would modify the boot.ini file to omit the installation option (xp pro), boot into windows home, navigate to the partition where xp pro is installed and delete it, then do whatever you want with the partition that it was in

In terms of remote access, it is possible to do option #2. But probably not #1. I don't know of any program that lets you remote into a system that you have just formatted

If your windows is saying that it's 'not secure' it could mean a few things

1) the version you have is pirated (yaaarrrrr)
            2) automatic updates is off
            3) a firewall is not installed / configured
            4) antivirus is not installed / configured

most of these options (other than 1) can be addressed from the 'security center' in control panel (if its windows xp sp2) other than that, you can enable windows firewall, install your proffered antivirus program and tun on automatic updates.

Hope that some of that is useful

Comment

Hi,

If u want more help how to install windows refer the link:

step by step configuration u can learn more all os can available

www.windowsreinstaller.com

phanidhar
              CCNA,A+,N+,RHCE,MCP

Comment

Hi,

I have given wrong link

so have this link http://windowsreinstall.com/

phanidhar

Comment

Working...
                X