Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

operation has been canceled due to restrictions on this computer. contact system admn

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• operation has been canceled due to restrictions on this computer. contact system admn

And I can't access the contol panel,printer, anything in the tower. Help!! I've been fighting this for three months , somehow a foreign entity invaded and changed my system administrator. HP says only system restore. anyone have an idea? I don't want to loose all of my photos. ThaNKS TO ANY INPUT.

Re: operation has been canceled due to restrictions on this computer. contact system

Could you please tell us which version of Windows you are running?

Also do you have an option to log on as "administrator"? (if it is XP you may need to press CTRL+ALT+DEL a couple of times) and a password for that account

First priority is to get your data safe, then to fix the problem
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: operation has been canceled due to restrictions on this computer. contact system

Are you working in an AD environment, or a workgroup?

Please post as detailed information as possible about your setup, so we will be able to help.

Note: the message you got is usually related to some policy applied on your computer and preventing you to access what you need. If you are in AD, the solution might be just around the corner. In a workgroup (meaning someone messed up the Local Computer Policy) might be a bigger problem.
      Last edited by sorinso; 22nd November 2007, 17:12. Reason: Note added...

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
      -

Comment

Working...
      X