Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windows optimizer software damaged my system. Need help to recover data.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows optimizer software damaged my system. Need help to recover data.

Last days, I had a poor inspiration to play with a windows optimizer software. My computer skills are somewhere to zero I can’t realize how is possible to make Windows faster but I trusted the description. The optimization purely simple failed. Symptoms: can’t open Windows any more, start to load windows but never finish. Software used: ashampoo winoptimizer - this version. Help me if possible to recover at least some important files and I would be grateful.

Re: Windows optimizer software damaged my system. Need help to recover data.

Boot into Safe Mode and see if you can select a Restore Point BEFORE that software was installed.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

And given the fact that
      My computer skills are somewhere to zero
      here are some resources that may assist you in achieving what biggles suggested:
      Use System Restore to Undo Changes if Problems Occur
      How to restore the operating system to a previous state in Windows XP
      Windows XP System Restore Is Easy to Use
      and, of course (last, but not least): What is System Restore in Windows XP?

Sorin Solomon

»»»»»
      In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
      -
      «««««

Comment

Finally I did it! All my works are ok, it was very important for me. Thank you all for your help.

Comment

Well, I am glad you solved it out.
          It will be nice of you to post the solution or the way you solved it... For the sake of future generations, you know...

Sorin Solomon

»»»»»
          In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
          -
          «««««

Comment

Working...
          X