Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can i get more than 10 users connected to an XP share ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can i get more than 10 users connected to an XP share ?

Guys

I have 11 users sharing an XP box and obviously one gets kicked out all the time..

Does anyone know of a way of bypassing this restriction ?
    Benjapos

MCP 70-270, 70-290, 70-291 ITIL Practitioner, Prince2 Practitioner - working on 70-284

Re: How can i get more than 10 users connected to an XP share ?

Yes. Buy a server operating system. This "restriction" is hard coded into Windows XP because it is a CLIENT operating system and therefore not designed to serve connections to multiple users; about the only time you should be serving out files or printers from XP is at home.

Tom
    For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

I concur with Tom.

You cannot get more than 10 connections to an XP box as it is not a server OS. This was inbuilt by MS so that you need to get a proper server OS.

More info here.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314882

Comment

Originally posted by Benjapos View Post
        Guys

I have 11 users sharing an XP box and obviously one gets kicked out all the time..

Does anyone know of a way of bypassing this restriction ?
        Bypassing this will be a breach of the EULA. Anyone posting a method to achieve this will be in breach of our Posting Rules.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Guys, try Winconnect Server. It allows up to 21 remote connections. Check it out and try their trial at www.thinsoftinc.com I am currently using it and it works great.

Comment

Originally posted by vladimir.vasilevish View Post
            Guys, try Winconnect Server. It allows up to 21 remote connections. Check it out and try their trial at www.thinsoftinc.com I am currently using it and it works great.
            Reported to Admins. You've JUST been told that to bypass this limit is an infringement of the Microsoft End-User Licence Agreement which is therefore unlawful.

Tom
            For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

I don't know, Tom... For $300, we're not talking about a crack here... Looks more like a legit software...
              Excerpt from the site's FAQ, paragraph 23:
              Additionally, it is the responsibility of the WinConnect Server VS purchaser/ user to read and comply with the Windows licensing agreement with regards to Remote Desktop access, or contact Microsoft for clarification.
              To be continued...

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
              -

Comment

Getting too close to the limits of legality. Thread closed.
                Server 2000 MCP
                Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
                X