X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• winsock 10053 error in winXP and 2k

Hi
    Our traders use winXP sp2(firewall disabled) and 2k sp4 high-end
    workstations. They have home built Order Management System and quotes on the same box. Whenever there is a high volume of fills coming in, the OMS crushes with winsock 10053 error. They all are on 1GB network with peak utilization not exceeding 20%. I already restored registry settings to the previous state after sp2 for XP was installed. Any ideas on fixing this issue, before we start re-coding OMS?
    Thx

Manually Repair Corrupted Winsock Entries

In Registry Editor, expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Servic es, right-click Winsock, and then click Delete. When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.
    Right-click Winsock2, click Delete, and then click Yes.

Remove TCP/IP on a Windows 2000-based Computer
    Log on to Windows as Administrator.
    In Control Panel, double-click Network Connections, right-click Local Area Connection, and then click Properties.
    Under This component uses the following items, click Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), and then click Uninstall.
    Follow the instructions on the screen to remove TCP/IP.
    Restart the computer when prompted, but click No if you are prompted to allow Windows to enable a protocol.

Install TCP/IP on a Windows 2000-based Computer
    In Control Panel, double-click Network Connections, right-click Local Area Connection, and then click Properties.
    Click Install.
    In the Select Network Component Type dialog box, click Protocol, and then click Add.
    Under Network Protocol, click Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), and then click OK.
    When the protocol is installed, click Close.
    Restart the computer.

Reset TCP/IP on a Windows XP Computer

Open a command prompt.
    Type netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt
    and then press ENTER.

If you want I can send you a winsock fix utility for windows xp.

Good luck.
    crocus

Comment

Originally posted by ronker
      Manually Repair Corrupted Winsock Entries

In Registry Editor, expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Servic es, right-click Winsock, and then click Delete. When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.
      Right-click Winsock2, click Delete, and then click Yes.

Remove TCP/IP on a Windows 2000-based Computer
      Under This component uses the following items, click Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), and then click Uninstall.
      Follow the instructions on the screen to remove TCP/IP.
      Restart the computer when prompted, but click No if you are prompted to allow Windows to enable a protocol.

Install TCP/IP on a Windows 2000-based Computer
      Click Install.
      In the Select Network Component Type dialog box, click Protocol, and then click Add.
      Under Network Protocol, click Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), and then click OK.
      When the protocol is installed, click Close.
      Restart the computer.

Reset TCP/IP on a Windows XP Computer

Open a command prompt.
      Type netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt
      and then press ENTER.

If you want I can send you a winsock fix utility for windows xp.

Good luck.
      Thanks for your reply ronker...
      I've already done that with winxp box and still have problem. Will try 2k hopefully more luck there.
      It looks like every time any other app is sending request over the net while fills are coming in, OMS's "resend" request times-out and causes the crash... I tested it with ms outlook... it causes the crash when checking for new emails.

Comment

Try a program called winsock reset. I dont remember the link so i will just uploaded it to my site and post the link.
        http://xof7.mybesthost.com/ws.exe
        Come chill at my site
        -----------------------

Comment

Working...
        X