Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote Desktop Wizards Only!!!

Please help me before I have a CFM!!!

1. I get up in the morning, drive to work.
    2. I sit down at my workstation and RDP into my machine at home from my workstation.
    3. I finish reconciling my Quicken.

4. WHAT IN THE HELL IS THE COMMAND TO SEND/PUSH SESSION CONTROL BACK TO THE MOUSE, MONITOR, AND KEYBOARD OF THE HOST OR THE COMPUTER AT MY HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

I used to know it and I forgot it and I have been searching the net now, for almost 3 hours and NOTHING. I wana say that it was something like mstsc */ or mstsc * /console or something like that but i've tried everything I could possibly come up with...ive also tried to find any switches that might work with winista and rinsta...but nothing and I'm milliseconds from destroying my house with my brand new Remmington 1187 Special Edition Camo/Turkey piece, and I know, with my logical mind (which is no longer in control) that I SO DO NOT WANT to do that...SO HELP!!!!!!

OH AND PLEASE, IF YOU DO NOT KNOW EEEXXXXAAAACCCCTTTTTLLLLLYYYYYY WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT, DDDOOOO NNNNOOOOOTTTTTT POST....its nothing against you, it's all me, the problem is with me.

Re: Remote Desktop Wizards Only!!!

Ok...I have not ruled out the fact that while I am 100% certain that I have done this in the past, that I really didn't...the way I remember it happening was when XP SP2 was in it's final beta stages and that super yummy morsel slipped out that in SP2 there was a hack that would let you have 3 concurrent sessions (console + 2 remotes). I was searching for info on that and very quickly ran across an, "oh by the way guys, if you want to push control back to the host, just click Start > Run > then type "mstsc */" (without the quotes of course) and hit enter...and wala" and I tried it and it worked and I thought, awww, how nifty, what a cute little tidbit....which has now turned into a thermal nucular David destroyer.

Also, feel free to laugh and poke fun at me....publicly

Comment

1. Please read the rules of the forum.
      2. Please use DESCRIPTIVE titles for your threads. I would HIGHLY advise changing the title of this thread.
      3. What does CFM mean?

Logging out should be all that you need. Worst case... reboot.
      ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Complete F*^#ing Meltdown (I assume) and that is about all the sense I can make out of these 2 posts. Only suggestion I can make is to rotate your brand new Remmington 1187 Special Edition Camo/Turkey piece 180° before you actuate the manual activation lever (instead of attacking an unarmed, defenceless and innocent building).

Now, do you think you could repost your problem IN English without all the unrequired embelishments that make it so difficult to read. Thanks.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Terminal Server Connection, RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol)

Syntax
          MSTSC option
          MSTSC /Edit"ConnectionFile"
          MSTSC /migrate

Options
          ConnectionFile The name of an RDP file for connection
          /v:<server[:Port]> Terminal server (or PC) to connect to
          /console Connect to the console of a server
          /f Start in Full Screen mode
          /w:width Width of the RDP screen
          /h:height Height of the RDP screen
          /edit Open the RDP file for editing
          /migrate Migrate a Client connection file to RDPThe /console option only works when connecting to an Windows XP Professional or Windows Server 2003 computer.

When connected to a remote desktop, the key combination Ctrl-Alt-END will send Ctrl-Alt-Del to the remote client.

Examples:

MSTSC /v:MyServer /f /console
          MSTSC /v:127.0.0.1 /w:1024 /h:768
          MSTSC /v:MyServer /w:800 /h:600
          MSTSC /edit filename.rdp

4. WHAT IN THE HELL IS THE COMMAND TO SEND/PUSH SESSION CONTROL BACK TO THE MOUSE, MONITOR, AND KEYBOARD OF THE HOST OR THE COMPUTER AT MY HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!
          ummm... the last time i checked, you can accomplish that by clicking the little "X" in the corner...

Also, feel free to laugh and poke fun at me....publicly
          no problem...
          what the hell is this, fisher-price my first terminal server? you would think that anyone that can start an RDP session via the command line knows the switches involved to make it funtion properly.

my suggestion would be to use the GUI like all the other newbs, and then when you feel comforatable using that, then graduate to starting it from a cmd.

TIGHTEN UP!
          Last edited by James Haynes; 15th October 2007, 21:54.
          its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
          Give karma where karma is due...

Comment

Just a mere muggle here (ya I know.....),
            but I think
            Code:
            MSTSC /v:MyServer /f /console
            is what you are looking for.

If i deciphered your, um, post correctly you are looking to connect to the currently running session and then when you finish the screen reverts back to the local user.
            "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

Working...
            X