Isolated pc

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isolated pc

Pc with xp sp1 after installation sp2 PC is no longer accessible by anyone with LAN ping
    is a little server in a lan peer to peer
    Windsows firewall is disabled and you can not activate
    What can I do?

Thanks Alberto

Re: Isolated pc

What is the IP of the computer in question, and the computers that are attempting to ping it?

Check to make sure the firewall SERVICE is off. Are there any other firewalls on said computer?
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hello to all forum

Pc in question after the installation of sp2 is no longer seen by other PC LAN network

does not accept either ping from the other PC LAN

There arent firewalls there isonly the firewall installed whith service pack 2 of xp
      but it is disable and can't be actived

uninstalling the service pack 2 the pc returns to be visible
      i can ping it and can work as a file server

Many thanks for your interest

Alberto

Comment

That is a BAD IDEA. You want to keep your computers up to date! You're just asking for bad things to happen by keeping the computer unsafe instead of fixing it.
        ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hello wired

sorry for my language

I am not explaining well
          I have to keep the PC updated

This is precisely the problem

But when I install the sp2, PC is isolated
          No longer working as a server

And I am obliged to bring it to sp1 until the solution of The problem

Comment

XP is not a server OS, so I'm not surprised it's not working as a server. Disable Windows Firewall, check your IP configuration.

In fact, in a command prompt, do an IPCONFIG /ALL on the broken PC with SP2, and do an IPCONFIG /ALL on a working PC. Post the results of both here (take out DNS domain names, server names etc)

Tom
            For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Working...
            X