No announcement yet.

Windows XP Slow Boot Up

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows XP Slow Boot Up

I have an interesting problem which I am trying to fix. I have a workstation that I am working on and it takes up to five minutes to get to the ALT+CTRL+DEL screen. The five minute process it is going through is as follow:

1) Preparing network connections
    2) Applying computer settings
    3) Running startup scripts
    4) Finally we get to the ALT+CTRL+DEL

The workstation is domained to a network. The PC is wired into a network switch. I never seen this happen before until now. Also I am getting quite a few complaints from other users about it as well. Does anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening?
    Last edited by mag700; 11th October 2007, 21:50. Reason: Needed more details

Re: Windows XP Slow Boot Up

Hi, )
    Is this the only worksation with this problem? Is its IP configuration correct (especially DNS)? Are there any errors in the event log. Is this a recent problem or has it always been slow? If new has there been any recent changes?
    Also are there any new GPOs being applied to this workstation?
    I don't know anything about (you or your) computers.
    Research/test for yourself when listening to free advice.

I have a few workstations now with this issue and growing. All IP configurations for each site is correct, including DNS. I am recieving an error in the event log which states, "Windows cannot query for the list of Group Policy objects. A message that describes the reason for this was previously logged by the policy engine. (Event ID 1030)" This is a recent problem that just started and is spreading fast. The only recent change made to the network was the implementation of ScriptLogice Desktop Authority. The complaints seem to be consistent upon the rollout of this software. There are GPOs being applied through AD.

Does this help??

This may also help
        Last edited by wullieb1; 12th October 2007, 07:25. Reason: Added URL.