Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• make available offline is greyed out

Dear All,
    I'm trying to make two folders that were previously designated with a checkmark next to "Make Available Offline", to NOT be included in the synchronization anymore (i.e., to NOThave them as offline folders anymore). But the "Make Available Offline" option is greyed out, so I can't remove the checkmark. How do I solve this.
    Thanks,
    Gila
    P.S. My local machine is Winxp SP2 my server is WIN2003 sp2. I am a system Administrator

Re: make available offline is greyed out

Not an Office issue so moved to Client OS forum

Is it a domain environment and is there a group policy set for offline folders?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Is there a local or domain policy that could be preventing you from seeing the Offline box? My first guess is that there is a policy set for offline folders.

Tim Macking
      MCT, MCSE (NT, 2000 & 2003), MCSA with Security - MCDBA - MCDST - MCITP - MCTS - MCP - CCNA
      IT Manager / Consultant
      USA

Comment

I know it seems silly but it can sometimes help if you ensure they are synchronised first.
        I don't know anything about (you or your) computers.
        Research/test for yourself when listening to free advice.

Comment

Originally posted by macking View Post
          Is there a local or domain policy that could be preventing you from seeing the Offline box? My first guess is that there is a policy set for offline folders.

Tim Macking
          MCT, MCSE (NT, 2000 & 2003), MCSA with Security - MCDBA - MCDST - MCITP - MCTS - MCP - CCNA
          IT Manager / Consultant
          USA
          Dear All,
          No we checked all GPO's and local policies.
          The answer is very simple - we redirected the local computer's My Documents folder and contents to our file server, and synchronized these offline files. This automatically greys out the make available offline for My Documents since the whole folder is now on the server and synchronized to the offline folder on the local computer. The only solution is presumably to forcibly break the synchronization manually and then redefine which subfolders are made available offline.
          Microsoft doesn't make this very clear as far as I know.
          All the best to you all.
          Gila

Comment

In group policy you can set the User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Network\Offline Files\Do not automatically make redirected folders available offline

That way you can manually choose what to make available offline instead of the whole folder.
            Regards,
            Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
            Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
            www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Working...
            X