Selecting Opening Folder in Windows Explorer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selecting Opening Folder in Windows Explorer

When I launch Windows Exporer it opens always in the My Documents.

I would like to change this default opening Folder to :-

My Computer\Docs & Settings\User Name\ Desktop.

Is this possible and , if so , how do I arrange it ?

Re: Selecting Opening Folder in Windows Explorer

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/152457

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314853

(essentially the same)

Tom
    For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Originally posted by thenoo View Post
      When I launch Windows Exporer it opens always in the My Documents.

I would like to change this default opening Folder to :-

My Computer\Docs & Settings\User Name\ Desktop.

Is this possible and , if so , how do I arrange it ?
      Are you storing documents on your desktop? This is really not a good idea.
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
        Not to mention the fact that is hard for me to understand why one would want to open Windows Explorer on the Desktop, when from the first place all the Desktop is in front of him...
        But Tom's articles mention how to open a Explorer with any folder, so this post have some value (not that I am the one to judge what is valuable and what it isn't)...

Sorin Solomon

»»»»»
        In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
        -
        «««««

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
          No I don't nor do I store them in My Documents which is what Explorer defaults to when I launch it.

I keep all Data in a Folder I've created on another Partition as I want to keep all stuff except the essential System Files out of the C: drive.

Its just that each time I d/l an Application from the Web and then attempt to install this and launch Explorer to do so , it opens in My Documents .This means I therefore have to navigate to wherever I want to install this App.

Since this is the most frequent use in my case of Explorer I thought it would save time by making the default launching target for Exporer something I would choose.

I've read the MS KB articles suggested by the other responder with interest.

Do the scripts suggested there work only each time they are entered - ( in START , presumably) ?

If so , then that is not what I really want to do . I was thinking of , perhaps , changing the Registry in some way in order to change the default opening Folder of Explorer.

Thanks for the replies.

Comment

Create a shortcut with those commands as the destination app. Then when you want explorer, double-click that shortcut.

Tom
            For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

I think you use start menu all programs... windows explorer shortcut
              now right click windows explorer shortcut in start menu... and open properties then change target shortcut to
              %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe "%userprofile%\desktop"
              and apply

Comment

Working...
              X