Windows Explorer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Explorer

Hello everyone , My question is : How can i "block" Windows Explorer for this :
    I dont want Windows explorer to work like a Internet Explorer , meaning that if you write a http:// or a site in the writing bar it automaticly forwared you to internet explorer and open that site ...
    The general ideea for this is that i wanted to restrict a computer to Internet , and i restricted the use of ixplorer.exe but still they can use the Windows explorer cause it forwards you t IE ...witch from this part will work ...
    Thank you very much.

Re: Windows Explorer

Good Question bnoyzf24.

However you need to supply the following.

Which OS?
    Are your PC's on a Domain running Active Directory?
    Do you use a Proxy server such as ISA?

The other thing that is not clear is. Why would you want to restrict Windows Explorer and IE? Why not just restrict the PC? as this would be much simpler
    The Univurse is still winning!

W2K AD, WSUS, RIS 2003. ISA also AVG Server
    ** If contributors help you, recognise them and give reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

use a firewall application and block explorer.exe inbound and outbound but dont do this if you have network shares
      this is only for standalone computers dont have network shares
      Last edited by Gökşen; 16th September 2007, 13:17.

Comment

Originally posted by Gökşen View Post
        use a firewall application and block explorer.exe inbound and outbound
        Have you thought of the effects this will have on browsing shares on the network, for instance?
        What is the reason for blocking the inbound traffic on explorer.exe?

I think the OP should provide much more info... It will be nice to answer AndyUK's questions...

Sorin Solomon

»»»»»
        In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
        -
        «««««

Comment

yes you are right I thought only internet connection and completely close internet connections I did not think network

Comment

It happens to us all...
            Maybe you should add a note to your previous post... Just to be sure anybody reading it in the future will not hurry to do this without knowing "the bad news" You know, just in case...

Sorin Solomon

»»»»»
            In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
            -
            «««««

Comment

Working...
            X