Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customized Win XP installation trouble

Hello all,
    I've encountered a problem while i customized an installation of Windows XP, everything seems to work fine, but during the installation Windows must restart 4 times, the restart time itself is normal, but it takes Windows around 30 seconds to just start rebooting, which is too long and unacceptable. After the installation is complete, if I manually reboot windows, it restarts fine without any delay, this only happens in the installation process. Windows waits for 30 seconds and then restarts to continue the installation and customization process.
    any ideas on what might cause this issue?

Re: Customized Win XP installation trouble

What do you mean by "customized installation"?

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    -

Comment

it has many settings of my own, examples such as answer file, defualt settings i've defined regarding the domain and local policies...

Comment

How did you do that?
        What tool did you use?

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
        -

Comment

How are you handling the restarts??

Have you scripted them?? or are they done by windows itself??

From memory when Windows wants to restart it gives 30 secs grace to allow you to shutdown any open apps.

Comment

I used to do custom install from scratch but when I found NLITE its the only way to go (i think) if you need something tweaked that Nlite can't do its easy to digg in and change it.

Using Nlite I require 2 restarts and my XP & app install take about 25 mins this time is fine for me.

Not an answer to your question but maybe worth looking at Nlite

hail hail

Comment

Working...
            X