Setup toolbar for all users

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setup toolbar for all users

Is it possible to setup a toolbar for all users of a workstation without having to create it for each logged in user?

Windows XP Pro SP2
    |
    +-- JDMils
    |
    +-- Regional Systems Engineer, DotNet programmer & Jack of all trades
    |

Re: Setup toolbar for all users

Yes,
    either put it into the "All Users" profile or put it into the "Default Users" profile to get copies to all new profiles

In general, when setting up a new PC for multiple users, create a profile as you want it, then copy it to the Default Users profile. Each new user will get a copy of "Default Users" when they first log on (unless they have an existing roaming profile)
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

When you say "Copy It" do you mean using the User Profiles dialog to copy profiles or physically copying the folders and files under the Documents & Settings folder?
      Last edited by JDMils; 16th August 2007, 05:13.
      |
      +-- JDMils
      |
      +-- Regional Systems Engineer, DotNet programmer & Jack of all trades
      |

Comment

Use the dialog from Control Panel -> System Properties -> Advanced -> User Profiles -> Settings.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
        -

Comment

Originally posted by JDMils View Post
          When you say "Copy It" do you mean using the User Profiles dialog to copy profiles or physically copying the folders and files under the Documents & Settings folder?
          you can do it either way...

i have a default profile for every department in the building. when i image the computer, i find out where its going and include that default docs folder for the correct department... i just pull them down from the file srvr and copy them into the folder.

then, everyone that logs into that computer has the correct icons and shortcuts, which is important and required for all to work.

or the CP works fine too.
          its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
          Give karma where karma is due...

Comment

Working...
          X