Hidden Windows log events

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hidden Windows log events

A friend of mine is having a problem with a 3G connection because in June (after doing 6 months the same old, the same old) his traffic blew the limits and he has to pay a lot on additional traffic.

Some months ago I saw a IT engineer, with apropriate tools, take everything from an hacked computer: date and time of Internet connections, amount of bytes, sites and IP's with which that computer was in touch with, files that were seen and/or changed and in which days, a full report of everything.

I googled for the title of this post but I was unable to go any further than monitoring applications to be installed or prettier event viewer but that aren't so different from the one from MS.

Does anyone know which tools can we use to get that information?

Thanks

Re: Hidden Windows log events

I'm sorry but I don't really know what you're asking.

Could you ask it again but this time include:
    - software used
    - OS
    - what information you're looking for (specifically)
    - etc.

Reading this may help us help you http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
    Regards,
    Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
    www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Hello, Jeremy.

The OS is Windows XP, I'm looking for dates and times in which an Internet connection was made, the amount of kilobytes (traffic) in each time.

My friend doesn't have any monitoring software installed but I know that there are some applications able to get these ( and other ) information from Windows (as I have seen it earlier). I' d like to know if anyone knows applications to do it.

Best regards.

Originally posted by JeremyW View Post
      I'm sorry but I don't really know what you're asking.

Could you ask it again but this time include:
      - software used
      - OS
      - what information you're looking for (specifically)
      - etc.

Reading this may help us help you http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

Comment

duplo_c, I'm sorry but your latest post is little better than your first post.

Are you looking to track what web pages users have been visiting or do you have a website setup on the XP machine and you're looking to log and analyse the traffic?

Please read this one more time!!! http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
        Regards,
        Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
        Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
        www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

If I understood right, the OP needs a way to see when the computer dialed a connection to the ISP, what was done during that time and how much data has flown down the drain. Maybe to prove the ISP that it was less than the limit...
          Maybe ...

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
          -

Comment

Yes that's it.

Originally posted by sorinso View Post
            If I understood right, the OP needs a way to see when the computer dialed a connection to the ISP, what was done during that time and how much data has flown down the drain. Maybe to prove the ISP that it was less than the limit...
            Maybe ...

Comment

Working...
            X