clock problem in win xp sp2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clock problem in win xp sp2

my time zone is set to automatically adjust time for daylight saving changes because i whanted that the time in my office will be correct for the rest of the world.

now the time moved one hour forward. why does it happen? why microsoft changed is suddenly?

if i change it manually it will change back.

if i wont mark the automatically adjust time for daylight saving changes, the time will be couurect but would it be correct to the rest or the world?

what should i do?

Re: clock problem in win xp sp2

Do you have the correct time zone configured? If so, put a check in the box next to Automatically adjust clock for daylight saving changes and manually set the clock to the correct time. If the computer is part of an Active Directory domain or you use Kerberos authentication (and it's working) do NOT adjust the hours on the clock. You can safely adjust the time zone though.

If you have an Internet Time tab then you may want to configure the computer to sync with a time server. (it wouldn't be there in a domain environment)
    Regards,
    Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
    www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

the time zone is set to Jerusalem (im from Israel), so i check the box and changing the time manually and after a restart its jumping back to a wrong hour.

i am in an Active Directory domain but if i wont adjust the hours on the clock, as you say, the time wont be true. it will be one hour forward.

Comment

Geeee... I should have known...
        BTW, it is not Microsoft that changed the clock, in case you were wondering... It's our local politics that do that...
        Are you the System Administrator of the Domain?
        If not, please contact him and let him solve the problem.
        If you do, then you should take a look at this article form Microsoft Israel (sorry guys, is in Hebrew): http://www.microsoft.com/israel/supp...avingTime.mspx . And you should check to see if the problem is only on one computer, or all of them...

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
        -

Comment

Well I can only assume that will solve the issue. I did understand some of the pictures though
          Regards,
          Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
          Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
          www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Originally posted by JeremyW View Post
            Well I can only assume that will solve the issue. I did understand some of the pictures though

You should feel lucky... I, on the other hand, did

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
            -

Comment

We run a dstfix.exe script fixing this problem in my Domain.

Retaliator
              Thanks & Regards

Retaliator

MCSA/MCSE/CCNA
              Computer Science Graduate

Comment

Working...
              X