trying to copy local user profile to domain profile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trying to copy local user profile to domain profile

Hi to all, I'm trying to copy the local machine profile to the domain profile on the same machine running Windows XP Pro, however; the 'copy to' button is grayed out. Can someone please explain why 2 of the profiles have the copy to button grayed out and the others are fine? The administrator profile could be copied - it is fine...

Attached are screen shots.

Thanks in advance for your help!

PS - I found questions that were close, but no cigar...
    Attached Files

Re: trying to copy local user profile to domain profile

When you try to copy a profile to another one (or another location), XP will not allow the Copy to ... action while you (or someone else) are logged in with the specific username, because the profile is in use. You have to login with another username.
    You state that the Administrator profile was copied, that makes me believe that you are logged in with Dan Lanway profile. Log out, log in with the local Administrator and then you will be able to copy the profile.
    Don't forget that if you are using roaming profiles (which I doubt from your screenshots), you will need a user that has permissions to write to the network share the profiles reside in...
    Good luck.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    -

Comment

Wonderful! Thanks for the advice, but now I get an error message when trying to copy the profile over. See the graphic. Any ideas?
      Attached Files

Comment

Is the user you're logged in with part of the local Administrators group?
        The location you are trying to copy the profile to resides on the local computer?

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
        -

Comment

Working...
        X