Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"my documents" - this page has an unspecified potential security risk...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "my documents" - this page has an unspecified potential security risk...

this is a new one. it just started happening today.

when i go to open "my documents" on my desktop i get the following warning message:

"this page has an unspecified potential security risk. would you like to continue"?

again, i only noticed this today.

"my docs" are folder redirected, but that was never a problem for some months now. this is why i'm not sure the folder redirection is to blame.

i did run windows update, but i don't know if some update caused the problem.

any any all help will be greatly appreciated.

i came across this on google:

http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum...ta/t1151260847

since this isn't a problem with an executable, i don't see how it'll help.

another find:
    http://www.developerfood.com/this-pa...a/article.aspx

Open Regedit and navigate to:
    =20
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Internet =
    Settings\Zones\1\180D

The value for this key should be set to 0 (zero) by default.
    the setting is already set to 0

i also came across this:
    http://libinfo.uark.edu/systems/problemviewall.asp

someone had something similar and was told not to worry about it - that it was some certificate issue.

6/4/2007 9:10:21 AM

Facilities

Software

jcurtis
    Whenever I click on the shortcut to My Documents I get the message "This page has an unspecified potential security risk. Would you like to continue?" this message started coming up right after my computer was migrated. I have tried moving all the files out of the my doc folder to see if that was the problem, but the message keeps coming up.
    Normal
    TG Don't worry about it, CS has an expired security certificate they need to fix. It's nothing to be concerned with.
    6/4/2007

Last edited by xyyz; 23rd July 2007, 08:01.

Re: "my documents" - this page has an unspecified potential security risk...

i'm rather surprised i didn't get any help on this problem from anyone on this forum.

anyways, the kind folks at tech support forums and experts exchange helped me out.

here's the resolution if anyone cares:

http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX112996

Comment

It's not about not caring - it's an unusual problem; perhaps everyone read it and decided (in accordance with the forum rules) to say nothing rather than spam up your thread. Perhaps being a little less judgemental would help you in life.

Thank you for sharing your solution; it will hopefully be useful to others who come across this issue.

Tom
      For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Just to add to "the other" Tom's comments that we had no idea of your operating system, network environment or installed software e.g. web browser -- always useful when troubleshooting something.

Also, there's always real life kicking up its pesky little problems to slow things down....

Tom
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X