No announcement yet.

Strange Mouse Problem

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange Mouse Problem

Hi, I am recently experiencing a strange mouse issue. When I right click on my mouse to perform any task, before the menu appears for the right click Windows starts trying to install something. I click cancel on the progress bar and the install stops but I dont know what this software is.

Does anyone know if I can check anything in Windows for this? Registry perhaps??

Re: Strange Mouse Problem

Ad-Aware and SpyBot are 2 programs that look for spyware on your PC. Install them both, run them and see if they find any nasties on your machine. If it doesn't work, post back.
    Departed: 23rd December 2015

And if you post back, it will be nice if you could post a screenshot of the note you are getting. This way we can know what is trying to install...

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

Have you tried to leave the installation so it completes or at least brings up a splash screen so you know what app it's trying to install.

Maybe a app you have previously installed tries to set-up a menu item in the right mouse click context menu but never completed and just wants to finish.

Michael Armstrong
        MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Find out the name of the application or the name of the setupfile that is trying to install. -> in the eventviewer look for event at that time from the source: 'MsInstaller' and read that event. Use 'Windows Installer CleanUp' to cleanup that specific application pointed in that event.

Also processmonitor can help to discover the executable and how it is activated

(Or else maybe you can check this problems caused by a bad context menu handler?.)

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

** Remember to give credit where credit's due **
          and leave Reputation Points for meaningful posts