Changing Video Drivers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing Video Drivers

When I swithched from 2KPro to XP, the video card driver automatically installed by XP does not support D3D which I need for my 3d program. I have a downloaded .exe file for an xp-suited driver which does support D3d. How do I switch them? Can I run the .exe for the new driver while the othe one is installed? Is there a video card dialogue box where I can chose from installed drivers?

Thanks,
    Janet

Re: Changing Video Drivers

Could you please tell us the make and model of your video card? It is very likely there will be a driver available somewhere
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Changing Video Drivers

Hi Janetb.

If the executable is from the video card manufacturer then I'm guessing that it will install the driver automatically when you run it. And yes, it should be fine to install it while the other driver is installed.

If you need help finding the proper driver do as Tom suggested and we'd be glad to help.
      Regards,
      Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
      Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
      www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Working...
      X