Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• windows xppro security center icron keep blink at right hand corner

hi,
    recently,my windows xp pro security center icron keep blink at right hand corner, if you click it will lead you to an antivirus software download site. but I have my own trend micro installed already. and I tried to disable it in secutiry center, but I found
    the firewall, autoupdates and virus protection (with 3 green "on" ) disappear, so I can't disable security center to monitor my antivirus software,any way to get them back?
    thanks!
    jimmy

Re: windows xppro security center icron keep blink at right hand corner

It takes you to a website to purchase a product? What is the name of the antivirus software that it wants you to purchase? This definetley sounds like spyware/malware. I would suggest that you run an anti-spyware program and try to clean up your system. Spybot search and destroy is a decent program and it's free. It can be downloaded from http://safer-networking.org/en/download/index.html
    Run that software and see what kinds of spyware it finds. It may not be able to remove everything but it should at least tell you what is on your system so you can look up how to remove it. Let us know if that works or if you need further help!
    Justin
    A+ Net+ MCP

Comment

Re: windows xppro security center icron keep blink at right hand corner

Justin's right - this is nothing to do with Windows Security Centre. My mate had this on his system and it's a pig to get rid of. Get the name of the "Anti Virus" product it wants you to buy, and google it; there will be LOTS of hits to help you get rid of it.

Tom
      For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Working...
      X