How do I change a Partition Name ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I change a Partition Name ?

I have two internal NTFS drives partitioned into drives which have names such as :-

(C) , ( D) , .... etc.

(( N.B. In the above sentence I wanted to include the ':' symbol after the drive letter inside the parentheses but , when I then selected "preview post" this ':' symbol was transformed into a "smilie" !!!! ))

That is except for drive L which has , somehow , been given a the name "L" - i.e no parentheses like the others .

When I attempt to access this drive in Windows Explorer it is not visible .

It , however , does appear in Disk Management as drive "L" - without quotes.

I have tried to change this to "(L)" - no quotes - like the others with the ':' inside the parentheses but have failed to do so.

How do I resolve this problem so that this drive will become visible like the others in Windows Explorer?

Re: How do I change a Partition Name ?

Appears to me you're wishing to change the drive letter which is different than changing the partition name.

In Disk Management, right click and select Change Drive Letters and Paths.

There I suggest you do a Remove followed by an Add where you pick the L drive letter.
    Last edited by rvalstar; 28th June 2007, 13:47. Reason: added 'changing'
    Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

To stop a smilie appearing, put a space between the : and the ) eg : )
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by thenoo View Post
        (( N.B. In the above sentence I wanted to include the ':' symbol after the drive letter inside the parentheses but , when I then selected "preview post" this ':' symbol was transformed into a "smilie" !!!! ))
        You can also use the [noparse][/noparse] tags.

So - (C

would become - (C:)

by typing in - [noparse](C:)[/noparse]
        Regards,
        Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
        Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
        www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

[QUOTE=thenoo;73144]I have two internal NTFS drives partitioned into drives which have names such as :-

(C) , ( D) , .... etc.

Thanks to all who replied. I've sorted that out now thanks to your advice. Much obliged.

Comment

Originally posted by JeremyW View Post
            You can also use the [noparse][/noparse] tags.

So - (C

would become - (C:)

by typing in - [noparse](C:)[/noparse]
            Jeremy, 19 keystrokes compared to 1. I know what method I would use.

Thenoo, glad you have your problem sorted. Thanks for posting back and letting us know.
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
              Jeremy, 19 keystrokes compared to 1. I know what method I would use.
              I'm all about presentation!
              Regards,
              Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
              Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
              www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Originally posted by thenoo View Post
                I have two internal NTFS drives partitioned into drives which have names such as :-

(C) , ( D) , .... etc.

Thanks to all who replied. I've sorted that out now thanks to your advice. Much obliged.
                So what helped? Learning how to display (C vs. (C:) vs. (C: )
                Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Rick, that may have be too subtle for lesser beings who don't have access to an Edit button to see the hidden code on other members posts.
                  1 1 was a racehorse.
                  2 2 was 1 2.
                  1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                  2 2 1 1 2

Comment

My point to y'all (note the Texan here) was past my post #2, all others were about bloody (note the English here) colons and parentheses. I'm just wondering what the OP found useful in this 80%+ off topic thread.
                    Cheers,

Rick

Comment

Working...
                    X