Restore Point Failure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restore Point Failure

I recently attempted to restore XP Pro to several previously indicated Restore Points and , in each case , got the message "Unable to Restore-No changes have been made to your system"

Can anyone explain why this should happen ?

Is it a common occurrence ?

Re: Restore Point Failure

Hi - you need at least 2 MB of free space on your partition for Restore Points to work. In case you have less you could try to free some space, or use partition magic (or something of the same kind) to increase the size of the disk. I assume that you have looked in System tools and seen that you have not cancelled RPs for the partition(s) you want to restore.

Comment

Take a look at this MS article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/302796. It deals with troubleshooting System Restore. See if anything helps.
      If not, come back with some more info (for instance, are you the local Administrator? Is the SystemRestore service running? Do you have anything listed in the EventViewer, that might be related to the restore process?).
      Keep the forum posted.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
      -

Comment

[QUOTE=amos16;72886]Hi - you need at least 2 MB of free space on your partition for Restore Points to work.

Thanks for the reply.

I have > 7 Gbts free space in the C: DRIVE.

Comment

[QUOTE=sorinso;72888]Take a look at this MS article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/302796. It deals with troubleshooting System Restore. See if anything helps.
          If not, come back with some more info

Thanks also for the reply.

Will follow your advice.

Watch this space !

Comment

Just to add - System restore takes a snap shot of registry settings. Is there a change in system state in the date/ time you want to restore to?

Comment

Working...
            X