This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 0x000000ED error

So today whenever I tried to boot the computer as normal or in safe mode, I got this:

I put the XP disc inside, and ran recovery. At the setup menu I pressed "R" to the recovery thing.

People said then a "C:\Windows" should appeared, where you type in the adminstrator password and ran CHKDSK.

Sorry for the Chinese, but a "E:\minint" appeared for me instead of "C:\Windows". I ran "CHKDSK", "CHKDSK /p", "CHKDSK /r" and "fixboot". Then I entered "exit" and restart my computer. The error message is still here.

I am using XP Service Pack 2. I have shut down the automactic upgrade the last time I use so I can delete the temporary files in the Windows. Then I tried to shut down the computer by normal means (Start > Shut Down) but doesn't work. So I pressed the main button instead to shut it down.

How could I solve this problem without reinstalling XP?

Re: 0x000000ED error

Looks like you have a problem with the hard disk. Does the BIOS recognizes it? Take a look at this article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555302 .
    You can use Recovery Console to work on your OS when it's corrupted. In your case, the hard disk itself is the problem. When you run the Recovery Console, it looks for operating systems installed on your computer. But it only founds the WindowsPE installation, on the CD you inserted.
    Do you have any utilities' CD?

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    -

Comment

My CD says:

-----
      Operating System
      Already Installed on Your Computer

Reinstall
      Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
      Service Pack 2

Dell
      -----

Comment

When does it say so?
        The recovery console should have listed the C:\Windows as one of the OSes installed on your computer, if would have recognized it....
        I would look for a bootable CD with tools on it, that would allow me to run a disk check.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
        -

Comment

Working...
        X