Could not read memory

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could not read memory

I'm having this error everytime I start playing an online game(soldierfront):
    [The instruction at "0x0623f0b0" referenced memory at "0x02756e9c". The memory could not be "read". ]

Tried the following:
    Uninstalled and reinstalled the game
    VIsiting the forums of the game
    System Restore

The reason I tried this forum is because when I started having this problem, I had problems with updating my windows and windows defender. I found the solutions here through google. I figured it might be related.

add'l info:
    I started having this problems after installing Safari for windows.

Any help or comment is appreciated.

Re: Could not read memory

Just a wild guess here you understand, but do you think Safari might have something to do with your problem?
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Yeah thats why i restored to the point before i installed safari, but the error still occurs.

Comment

Download memtest86 to a floppy and let it run overnight. Then you'll know if memory is OK.
        Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

© 2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Actually my laptop came with a diagnostics option in the boot menu. I tried that already and everything seems to be ok. It passed all the tests. But I would like to try that memtest too, the thing is I don't have a foppy drive.

edit:
          nevermind, il just download the ISO one. xD
          Last edited by DiCe; 14th June 2007, 21:33.

Comment

Ok, it seems to be fine. It passed all the test but I am still having the same error. Any more suggestions?

Comment

From experience its a very frustration error, start going after the pagefile: disable, defrag, resize, wipe, etc...

Also look for startup errors in general, once I had to fix those seemingly unrelated errors, and that did the trick.

Good luck
              "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

Originally posted by Lior_S View Post
                From experience its a very frustration error, start going after the pagefile: disable, defrag, resize, wipe, etc...

Also look for startup errors in general, once I had to fix those seemingly unrelated errors, and that did the trick.

Good luck
                Tried that, didn't work. Still have that fckin error.

Thanks for suggesting though. I really appreciate it. =]

Comment

Hi.
                  I would try a virus/trojan/rootkit sweep. I had at work many of these errors, few of them were viruses' related.
                  Just a shot in the dark.

Sorin Solomon

»»»»»
                  In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
                  -
                  «««««

Comment

@sorinso
                    Do you know any good "sweeper"? because i currently have Shaw Secure(f-secure) and tried it over and over again but didn't do anything helpful.

Comment

In such cases, I use:
                      - Trend Micro's Housecall service, for viruses;
                      - Mark Rusinovich (former Sysinternals, now Microsoft) RootKit Revealer for rootkits and other mallware.

Sorin Solomon

»»»»»
                      In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
                      -
                      «««««

Comment

@sorinso

Hey thanks for the links and infos, I did the online scan and it found and deleted some "malwares". I also fixed some vulnerabilities it detected too. But it didn't fix my problem. Thanks alot though.

Comment

See if this KB applies:
                          http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;899811

PS - I'd try the workarounds first since the patch isn't fully tested yet.
                          Regards,
                          Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
                          Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
                          www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Working...
                          X