X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iso images...FAKE!!

*Do ISO images actually work...!?!

I recently obtained an Windows xp Pro ISO file and TRIED to boot it with my laptop...no hope der

I adjusted my BIOS settings to boot from my DVD drive....no hope der

IS DER ANY HOPE?!?!?!

DOES IT ACTUALLY WORK?!?!

*IF YOUR AN IT GENIOUS PLS REPLY*

Re: Iso images...FAKE!!

What process did you use to burn this ISO to a CD / DVD? And where did you get the ISO? Microsoft or ??? That's the bit that sounds shaky to me.
    Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Where did you get your ISO image?
      What did you do with it once you got it?
      Regards,
      Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
      Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
      www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

I have had no difficulty with ISO images supplied as part of Technet Plus, i.e. officially from Microsoft. Just use Nero or another burning program and select Burn Image.

It is possible your DVD drive may not want to play images burnt on another drive.

But, why do I smell a rat with this post?
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Yes, they do!

As already said, you need to burn *as image* if using nero. If you haven't got Nero, a good free utility is Active ISO burner

If the system you are booting from has Windows XP installed, even after changing the boot order to CD > HDD you will get the option at the bottom of the screen to press any key to boot from CD.
          If you do not press *any key* the current version of XP will boot.

Comment

*U SMELL A RAT?!?!

Whats the point of ISO Images...aint it a copy of an ORIGINAL CD. It doesn't take a genious to realise what you can accomplish with an ISO image. I was able to boot from the DVD drive via the BIOS setup utility...i used nero to burn the file to a CD-R...but i think the image might be faulty...any suggestion as to where i can get working images?

*ONLY REPLY IF YOUR AN IT GENIOUS
            Last edited by Wizkid_101; 8th June 2007, 14:26.

Comment

Originally posted by Wizkid_101 View Post
              ...any suggestion as to where i can get working images?
              Go to your favorite computer retailer and buy a copy.

*ONLY REPLY IF YOUR AN IT GENIOUS
              Define "genious" please. (the irony is killing me)
              The posts above give you the information you need to burn a working copy.... I really doubt you have a legal copy of Windows so I'm not going to give you any more tips.

Thread closed.

If you'd like to disscuss this please PM me or one of the other mods.
              Regards,
              Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
              Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
              www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Working...
              X