Computer Rebooting - windows XP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer Rebooting - windows XP

Hi Guys, i have seen this before and don't know how to solve this.
    I don't know what is causing the problem, here is a screen shot, the pc will reboot and There is an error after from MS.

This is a WIN XP SP2 computer, i need to fix this.

Thanks, Retaliator
    Attached Files
    Thanks & Regards

Retaliator

MCSA/MCSE/CCNA
    Computer Science Graduate

Re: Computer Rebooting - windows XP

Did you the error?
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

C'mon, dude... You can do better than that...
      Back at the end of January, Rick (rvalstar) gave you instructions how to analyze DUMP files after one of your servers crashed. Take a look at that thread: http://forums.petri.com/showthread.p...light=minidump and do the same for this problem.
      This, of course, if you won't find the solution where biggles suggested.

Keep us posted.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
      -

Comment

http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?e...System&phase=1

ps. Best screenshot ever
        VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
        boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
        My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

Yeh, back then i could not really open the dump if you remmeber

I googled and all, nothing helped so far.

Retaliator
          Thanks & Regards

Retaliator

MCSA/MCSE/CCNA

Comment

Jason, i already found this web page on google but i don't have an account there.

Retaliator
            Thanks & Regards

Retaliator

MCSA/MCSE/CCNA

Comment

Originally posted by Retaliator View Post
              Yeh, back then i could not really open the dump if you remmeber
              You did manage to run it, but did not get any relevant results. Anyway, you were working on 2000SP4 those days, now you're talking about XPSP2. Maybe you'll be more lucky
              What do you say, will you give it a try? Let us know...

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
              -

Comment

You know me, i am not lazy
                Anyway i have ran a DEBUG check on the MINIDUMP, and i have a log file generated from the DUMP,
                I will post it as an attached file here.

I know it's related to hardware, or driver, but where to continue?

Retaliator.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Retaliator; 27th May 2007, 14:55. Reason: correction
                Thanks & Regards

Retaliator

MCSA/MCSE/CCNA

Comment

Originally posted by Retaliator View Post
                  Jason, i already found this web page on google but i don't have an account there.

Retaliator
                  I don't have an account either and from the link I provided you, I was able to gather all of this information:

Comments Adrian Grigorof (Last update 10/6/2003):
                  Most of the problems leading to this event indicate faulty hardware, bugs in device drivers or incompatible hardware.

A troubleshooting approach from a newsgroup post: "Boot from CD to start the Recovery Console, then read setuplog.txt, and setupapi.log, to see what happens when it boots.

Another newsgroup posts suggests that this error requires the debugger to look at the parameters of the error. Usually this is some hardware driver failure. Running 'verifier' may identify it. Article M244617 - How to Use Driver Verifier to Troubleshoot Device Drivers in Windows 2000 may help."

Error code 0000000a = "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" - The error that generates this bug check usually occurs after the installation of a faulty device driver, system service, or BIOS. For additional details see the link to Error code 0x0000000a.

Error code 00000020 = "KERNEL_APC_PENDING_DURING_EXIT" - May indicate a bug in a device driver. For additional details see the link to Error code 0x00000020.

Error code 00000050 = "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA" - See the link to Error code 00000050 for information about what may cause this.

Error code 0000009c = "MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION" - This indicates that a fatal machine check exception has occurred. See also M162363 and Error code 0x0000009c.

Error code 000000ce = "DRIVER_UNLOADED_WITHOUT_CANCELLING_PENDING_OPERAT IONS" - This indicates that a driver failed to cancel pending operations before unloading. If the driver responsible for the error can be identified, its name is printed on the blue screen.

Error code 000000ea = "THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER" - A device driver is spinning in an infinite loop, most likely waiting for hardware to become idle. This usually indicates problem with the hardware itself, or with the device driver programming the hardware incorrectly. In many cases this is the result of a bad video card or a bad display driver.

Error code 1000007f = "UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP_M" - The first parameter displayed on the blue screen specifies the trap number. Trap number 0x00000000, or Divide by Zero Error, may indicate memory corruption. Other hardware problems, or software failures can cause this error. See the the link to Bug Check codes for more explanations about various trap numbers.

Error code 1000008e = "KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M" - Most of newsgroup comments about this error point to faulty hardware or drivers. The hardware varies from modems, video cards, USB device to memory or sound cards. Sometimes it proves to be hardware that it is not compatible with Windows XP. M310740 gives an example of this error occuring when and old Audigy sound card driver is installed.

SNIP... go to the link to read the rest!
                  VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
                  boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
                  My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

Do you have VirtualPC installed on the machine?
                    Have you installed any driver recently? Or hardware?

Sorin Solomon

-

Comment

And I found this:
                      Mihai Andrei (Last update 3/19/2007):
                      [........]
                      - Error code: 100000d1 - From a newsgroup post: "In the end it was the pagefile that was corrupted. I selected the no pagefile option under the perfomance menu in system properties, rebooted, and then recreated the pagefile".
                      Take a shot at it, Retaliator.
                      Sorry, Jason, should have search better for the error code earlier... Somehow, it got lost in all the others...

Sorin Solomon

-

Comment

Originally posted by sorinso View Post
                        Do you have VirtualPC installed on the machine?
                        Have you installed any driver recently? Or hardware?
                        Yes, Virtual PC is installed !
                        Thanks & Regards

Retaliator

MCSA/MCSE/CCNA

Comment

Well today i changed the boot.ini parameter but i doubt it has anything to do with the problem, and i changed the RPC service Recovery properties, next time if it occures i will deal with the page file.

I will let ya know
                          Thanks,
                          Retaliator
                          Thanks & Regards

Retaliator

MCSA/MCSE/CCNA

Comment

I would say the poblem lies with decdnp.sys and whatever software is using it.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourc...q=decdnp%2esys

Comment

Could be, he has Pathworks 32.
                              Any ideas?
                              Thanks & Regards

Retaliator

MCSA/MCSE/CCNA

Comment

Working...
                              X