No announcement yet.

Clear Default Installation Path

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clear Default Installation Path

I'm trying to install some Windows components automatically by using sysocmgr.exe via a login script.

Everything works great except when the component comes to install, the installation folder still points at D:\i386. This stops the install from happening.

I have changed the 3 locations in the registry at, (1 location here HKLM\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion) and (2 locations here HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Set up) to look at a network share for the required files, but the very first time this script runs, the installation location still reads D:\i386.

I have verified the 3 registry locations above are set correctly with the network share location, rebooted and checked again, but the 'Copy files from' field still displays D:\i386.

Anyone have any idea where this value may be kept?

If I select the correct location from the drop down list, the install will run every time without fail, it's just the first time. It seems to be remembering and ignoring what's in the registry.

Re: Clear Default Installation Path

Try this little script

Works for me everytime.

Oh you did restart your machine after you changed the keys??

Re: Clear Default Installation Path

Thanks for the reply. Yep I did restart the PC.

I, amongst other things ...

1 - checekd that the 'Copy files from' field contained the wrong (or original source path) field

2 - Altered the registry (in the correct location) to contain the correct new network path to the installation files

3 - Rebooted the PC thinking that surely the new value would be read from the registry.

But no, it made no difference. I must admit I was very surprised.

It's like the field has a 'use last known good' type of setting on it?????