No announcement yet.

XP Home Error

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XP Home Error

I just instaled XP Home onto my system, after using it for a little the system gave me this message:
    A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent dama to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed.
    If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacture for any Windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, then restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options and the select Safe Mode.

Technical Information:

*** STOP: 0x0000009c (0x00000000, 0x8053f0f0, 0xC465C000, 0X00000136)

Beginning dump of physical emory
    Physical memory dump complete.
    Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.
    Here are the system specs:
    AMD XP 2700
    Albatron nForce 2 mobo
    512 megs Corsair DDR 400
    200 gig IDE drive
    Sapphire Radeon 9600 Pro

I have Slackware on the system and that runs fine.

Haven't found the exact error, but here is some reading for you.;q=0x8053f0f0
    and a cut down version of the above link.

Have a look in the Event Viewer and see if there are any events that relate to this error. Post the event number and description back here.
    Departed: 23rd December 2015

I have encountered the same problem in few of the intel m/c. And the problem was found to be with HDD/RAM

skm_mail MCSE, SCSA, CCNP
      Systems Administrator

Re: XP Home Error

We somehow put me in as the "administrator" on my computer. How to remove this mistake.

Re: XP Home Error

Change your Account Type from Administrator to User. Look in
          Control Panel
          Change Type
          Departed: 23rd December 2015