• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ClipBOOK (not ClipBOARD!) Window in the ClipBook Viewer

The ClipBook Viewer in 2KPro gave two options in the Window menu:
    1) clipBOARD, and
    2) clipBOOK.
    I used the ClipBOOK a lot.

I now upgraded to XP and had no trouble placing a Shortcut to the ClipBook Viewer on my desktop.

The problem is that the ClipBook Viewer's 'Window' menu has ClipBOARD only in my XP---no clipBOOK window option.

It seems that the old ClipBook function is now ClipServer (or is that something different?) and is disenabled by default (see http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/technologies/management/svrxpser_7.mspx#EAGAC).

How can I get this function enabled? Is ClipServer the same as the ClipBook?
    --
    Thanks for the help!
    Janet

Re: ClipBOOK (not ClipBOARD!) Window in the ClipBook Viewer

From what I have read and possibly understood, ClipServer is the same as ClipBook in that it allows you to share your ClipBoard across a LAN/WAN.

The series of following screenshots are a bit back to front. If you look at the first one it will show you how to enable ClipServer. However to do this, you must first enable the last 2 screenshots first. Use the same process as the first 3 screenshots.

Enable Network DDE then Network DDE DSDM and then ClipServer.

Get into Administration Tools --> Services and then find the services mentioned above. In screenshot 2, change the Disable setting by clicking on the pulldown arrow to the right of Disabled and change it to Automatic then follow the numbers. Remember to do it in the order in RED above and not as per screen shots.

Click image for larger version

Name:	clipbook1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	463167

Name:	clipbook2.jpg
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	463168

Name:	clipbook3.jpg
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	463169

Name:	clipbook4.jpg
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	463170

Name:	clipbook5.jpg
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	463171

Any problems, post back.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Thanks so much for your complete answer! You were the first person who actually understood the question......!

Since I just used the clipbook to save the contents of the clipboard to a file or to a clipbook page and don't need to be able to share it with others, I don't know if it pays to enable those other services....I guess there is no way to use the Clipbook without the sharing facility? I prefer not to run services I don't need.....

Thanks so much for yur help!
      Janet

Comment

You could always set the services to Manual (instead of Automatic) so they will strat when you need to use them. That way they won't be running all the time.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
        X