XP Registry issue !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XP Registry issue !

Where we can add a registry permission for iExplorer so that a user who is logged on the Windows XP machine with limited access (as a restricted user) can run iEplorer under Admin Rights (using RunAs).
    Thanks

Re: XP Registry issue !

Originally posted by eazad View Post
    Where we can add a registry permission for iExplorer so that a user who is logged on the Windows XP machine with limited access (as a restricted user) can run iEplorer under Admin Rights (using RunAs).
    Thanks
    You don't need to do anything in the registry; you just need to give them credentials which have Admin rights (i.e. the user name and password of an Admin user). Then they shift-right-click iExplore.exe (or a shortcut), select "RunAs", enter the Admin details and off they go...

But beware; all that will happen is that the user will start logging in with their admin account and using that for day-to-day use.

Tom
    For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Curious why you need admin rights for iexplore. Maybe if you explain what you're trying to accomplish we can suggest another way.
      Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Hi ,

You can manage it well through GPO, the best security maintanace tool ....

Peter.

Comment

Working...
        X