Design Pro 5 - Appl. error 1000

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Design Pro 5 - Appl. error 1000

I've a user in our office with limited rights to PC. Whenever she wanted to launch the program "Design Pro 5" from Avery Dennison, she gets an Application Error 1000 and generates a "Send Error" report from Microsoft. Until yesteday she was fine, nothing updated on her machine except 1 security update from MS. If I run this program being in her profile but using my credentials (I'm LAN Admin), the program runs fine. Any ideas, I tried to change her into power user for the machine, it still didn't worked. Please post suggestions.
    Thanks

Re: Design Pro 5 - Appl. error 1000

just a thought....
    maybe it works by replacing the profile.
    Marcel
    Technical Consultant
    Netherlands
    http://www.phetios.com
    http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
    "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
    "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

For a professional, high-level investigation, I would suggest you use the newest Sysinternal's ProcMon . With this tool you will be able to see if there's a file permission issue, a registry key permission issue or anything else.
      There is a webcast available, that will teach how to use the software. The full video is 1h 09' long, but worths every minute.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
      -

Comment

1 hour 9 minutes and 279MB of video stream.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
        X