Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Can I delete a Virtual Drive

Hello,

I was installing Office 2007, and it created a virtual drive on my computer [Windows XP Prof, SP 2]. I botched/cancelled the install, but the virtual drive remains. I've read that i can "uninstall the drive" through the Control Panel's Device Manager, but -- although this sounds stupid -- when I go to the device manager it's not clear which drive is the virtual one, as the drive letters don't appear. The descriptions aren't much help either, although you'd think I'd be able to tell the difference.

The phantom drive seems to be 0 bytes in size and isn't hurting anything, but it's slightly irritating and confusing to see the extra drive letter among my CD/DVD drives.

Thank you very much.

Re: How Can I delete a Virtual Drive

Check disk manager to see if you can identify the drive there before removing it.
    Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by ahinson View Post
      Check disk manager to see if you can identify the drive there before removing it.
      Thanks!!! The disk manager gave me enough of a clue as to which drive was which to safely uninstall the virtual drive. I went for it, and my computer shows I got the right one uninstalled. Thank you!

Comment

NP, glad to have helped.
        Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X