Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to copy files to USB drive write protedted

Dear All,
    Please help me. I am having windows Xp system & is connected to domain. I have my user Id & when I connect the pen drive to USB port I can copy file from USB to computer but when I try to copy files from computer to Pen drive it gives me message: the drive is write protected or administrator is having rights" now how should I proceed to copy the files to Pen drive?

Re: how to copy files to USB drive write protedted

Is the "Write Protect" switch on the pen drive switched on?

Tom
    For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Originally posted by Stonelaughter View Post
      Is the "Write Protect" switch on the pen drive switched on?
      Dear there is no such switch but the system does not allow due to protection on pc

Comment

Has your network admin set up some sort of security policy to prevent files being taken out of the network?

Tom
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

yes there is a network security.but tell me if I disconnect network cable then how do I copy files from Computer to Pen Drive? we do not have Floppy drive nor CDRom. or please tell me how to log on as a local user as at the starting we need to feed user name & password,. I don/nt know administrator password

Comment

Network security policy will still apply even if disconnected.
            Also, it is there for a reason, and you will probably lose you job if you break it.
            If you really need the files on USB, speak to your admin and get them to change the policy.

Tom
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
            X