No announcement yet.

Right Click Send To Menu

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right Click Send To Menu

Hi All,

Could you please assist me. I need to customize the Right Click Send to Menu to create shortcuts to some designated Folder i.e ( Home Folder Shortcuts). I can do this by doing send to and Create Shortcut as mentioned in Microsoft Article. But Only problem with this is that it would copy the Complete File in this Folder not the Shortcut.

My requirement is to put the Shortcuts of files in H- Shortcuts Folder as its works with Desktop(Create Shortcut) in Send Menu..
    Any help would be appreciated from the core of my Heart ....

Re: Right Click Send To Menu

I'm unsure if this is what you want but I did not fully understand your requirement

Navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\SendTo

Add your desired shortcut in this folder and it should appear when you Right Click and select Send To.

Hope it is what your looking for.

Many Thanks for your Response... I have done this but if you do Right Click send file it will send the Complete File not the Shortcut ....

As in the case of Send to - Desktop it would be Shortcut not Complete File .... I just need the same functiolity as Desktop(Create Shortcut) has for Home Drive Folder ...

Ahh I think I see what you mean now.

I think you may need to do a bit of batch scripting to do this and use the SHORTCUT utility that comes with the server resource kit.

Alternatively you could just create a shortcut then send the shortcut to the remote folder. Not ideal but its a workaround till something more substantial crops up.

Sorry not much help

To make a shortcut, hold down <ctrl> + <shift> when you select the folder.

Just a quick rundown:
          Copy = do nothing
          Move = hold down <shift>
          Create shortcut = hold down <ctrl> + <shift>

Network Consultant/Engineer
          Baltimore - Washington area and beyond