Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• winxp sp2 slipstreamming process question

hi,

i followed the article "Windows 2000/XP SP Slipstreaming" written by Daniel Petri to slipstream my own winxp cd

everything went smoothly, but the final filesize i have is different from the article

this is my folder properties...

any ideas?

thx,
    gildan2020

I guess there is Windows XP Corporate Edition
    without some stuff such as DOCS, TOOLS, Value Add...

Comment

i have those folders in my installation cd
      but i still can't figure out why mine is still so much smaller than the article's projected filesize

perhaps Daniel Petri can tell me why

gildan2020

Comment

Hi gildan2020

Did you try AutoStreamer from Neowin yet? It works perfectly for me.
        Teamwork

Comment

I like that tool too...

I don't know why your folder size is different. What is the size of your original CD? I've used Win XP + SP1 as the base, perhaps that's the reason for the change in size.
          Cheers,

Daniel Petri
          Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
          MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

the article "Windows 2000/XP SP Slipstreaming" is ok and using original win xp pro + sp2 finished perfect

Q: i have slipstreamed cd with win xp pro + sp1. what happen if i use ''win xp pro+sp1'' and followed article and produce new cd with sp2

tia

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Petri (Mitsu)
              I like that tool too...

I don't know why your folder size is different. What is the size of your original CD? I've used Win XP + SP1 as the base, perhaps that's the reason for the change in size.
              i use a pure winxp to slipstreamed sp2...i think ur right
              mebe urs is bigger bcos u already have sp1 slipstreamed into winxp

gildan2020

Comment

I feel dumb. I didn't know/never tried slipstreaming over a previously slipstreamed CD. I always use my original and slipstream to new SP into it.

Comment

Working...
                X