No announcement yet.

windows\config\system corrupt help please!

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• windows\config\system corrupt help please!

Hey guys help me!

I dont know what happened to my computer, and nobody at home wants to take account for what happened, but here's what happened:

whenever i try to boot windows it takes me to a black screen that says a file was corrupt or missing, which is the windows\config\system. We installed winxp on another drive just to get my document files on c: (where windowsxp was corrupted) because I need those files badly. However I cant get it coz it says "access is denied"... because i had it password protected in that windows. we tried to get it through DOS and it still wont let us access. please help me. I need my document files.

The black screen also says I should go to recovery console, but it wont accept my admin password. I dont have any password other than that.

Try the following link and see if that can help.;en-us;307545

Having backup copies reduces stress.
    Departed: 23rd December 2015

Thanks! I think this will be very helpful but when i go to recovery, it wont accept the administrator password that I normally use. I have tried all possible passwords, though I know I only use one administrator password.

Technical Consultant

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
        "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
        "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Thanks guys!

My PC is ok now, though I will still be reformatting it after I back up the files.