Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Question about program crashes.

Hello all,

i have tried to use THE GOOGLE fro this but i have come up empty, maybe it's the lack of search skill but nevertheless i am at a loss right now. my question is; is it possible to circumvent (oooh big word) the "The program has encountered and error and needs to close" prompt in WINXp home sp2 environment? it is happening with a program that needs to be running and i have something in place where if the window that needs to stay open closes, another program will re-execute the exe file. what is happening though is if the original program crashes it gives the old error mentioned above and the process never dies which in turn makes the "monitor" program not work because the process is still alive and well you get the point. someone has to physically go in and click "close" so the process can really die.

i hope i have explained this enough to where it can be understood.

any help is appreciated.

Ice

tia for your time.

Re: Quick Question about program crashes.

Got It.
    Right click my computer. Go to properties, advanced tab, error reporting (at the bottom). Click the disable error reporting radio button and uncheck the box

See attached screen cap.
    Attached Files
    "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

i've already tried that. it still gives me the error window when it crashes.

Comment

Well, it would seem that THE GOOGLE did yield some information...
        Can you reboot the machine after you run through those steps, then post screen shot of the error so that we can see further.
        "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

doh, could it really be? i do not think i have restarted the machine

Comment

Working...
          X