Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add updates to a Windows 2000 SP4 installation

Hi All.

I have created a Windows 2000 SP4 installation on my server.

I am using unattended install to run up new PC's

Is it possible to slipstream MS updates into an installation?? reason being i don't wont to join the PC to the network(wide) without it being fully patched.

Then copy the installation to a bootable CD.

Cheers,
    Lee.

Some updates can be slipstreamed to the install and others need to be installed in the install process by script, however it can be done.

Check this out.

http://greenmachine.msfnhosting.com/XPCREATE/

It can be used with Win2000 despite the name.
    Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

From the website i gather that you need to run up a standard windows 2000 SP4 box ... then connect to the internet (now pc is vulnerable ) and download the updates...

seems a bit ironic as you are trying to create a PC that secure

I have already download all the updates in single file. Just need to find a way to slipsteam them in an install.

Comment

It is true, the disc needs to be created on a machine that is connected to the internet. However, unless you have the updates on a cd from MS you connected to the Internet to get the updates. If that's the case create the disc on that machine.

I agree though, your attempting to get the updates so that your machine is patched from exploits/bugs but in order to get the updates you must expose your machine to the Internet and the ravages of these potential exploits. Catch 22 eh?
        Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Hey Andrew

I have found a website that might solve this problem
          http://unattended.msfn.org/index.htm

I am going to follow the steps on this site and see how I go

Comment

Working...
          X