ASR Feature in Windows XP Pro

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASR Feature in Windows XP Pro

Hi. I just used the ASR feature in Windows XP Pro today for the first time. I only have one partition which is drive C. I created the backup on drive C. Will ASR keep this backup file on drive C during the recovery process, or will I have to create another partition to store another backup on? Thanks.

Re: ASR Feature in Windows XP Pro

Originally posted by daz1401
    Hi. I just used the ASR feature in Windows XP Pro today for the first time. I only have one partition which is drive C. I created the backup on drive C. Will ASR keep this backup file on drive C during the recovery process, or will I have to create another partition to store another backup on? Thanks.
    The img can not be on the destination drive when you're loading it. This is because in the process of doing so the drive is formatted, so to answer your question - Yes you must create a seperate partition to store the img.
    Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Your Best bet is to get another HD and set it as Slave. you don't need anything fancy. just as long as it will work in your system spec.
      "Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without Result" -Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
      X