Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• disable local security policy

Hi all,

How to disable local security policy in standalone computer.

Re: disable local security policy

What are you trying to achieve? Your question is very short and you need to give us more information so that we can help you better.
    Best wishes,
    PaulH.
    MCP:Server 2003; MCITP:Server 2008; MCTS: SBS2008

Comment

i mean to say how to disable local security setting in the standalone computer (win xp pro).

check the attach
      Attached Files

Comment

I'm sorry, I still do not understand what you want to achieve. I can read your question, please try to give me more information by explaining what you want to do - just repeating the question does not give me much more information to try to help you. I cannot see how the screenshot you sent helps to explain what you want to achieve here. I can see the attachment and I know where the local policy settings are so it does not expand at all on your original question.

Try giving me a very long explanation of what you want to achieve. For example, answer these: Why do you want to disable this? What end result would you like to see? What do you want to prevent the user from doing on this computer? tell me as much as you can. I realise English is not your first language, so I am trying to help. I cannot help on your very short question.

Perhaps someone else can see what Sirdon wants to achieve?
        Best wishes,
        PaulH.

Comment

[QUOTE=PaulH;59814]I'm sorry, I still do not understand what you want to achieve. I can read your question, please try to give me more information by explaining what you want to do - just repeating the question does not give me much more information to try to help you. I cannot see how the screenshot you sent helps to explain what you want to achieve here. I can see the attachment and I know where the local policy settings are so it does not expand at all on your original question.

Try giving me a very long explanation of what you want to achieve. For example, answer these: Why do you want to disable this? What end result would you like to see? What do you want to prevent the user from doing on this computer? tell me as much as you can. I realise English is not your first language, so I am trying to help. I cannot help on your very short question.

1)I want to disable local security setting so that the user can't able to do setting means he can't able to add users in deny to access this computer from the network, the person has add my name in to this setting AND I CAN'T ABLE TO CONNECT HIS COMPUTER .i will remove my name but the next time when he try to open local security setting he can't able to acces the local security policy.

so dear sir please help me.

Comment

OK there are several things you can do - you decide which one you feel happiest with.

1. You can make him a User, not an Administrator. He may have trouble running some programs, however, so this may not help you in the long run.

2. If the Windows installation is on an NTFS partition, you can alter the permissions to mmc.exe (which is in C:\Windows\System32) so that only you can run that program. Without it, he will have trouble running anything to do with local security policy, even if he tries to launch it from the Control Panel.

3. You can let him deny you access to your name in the local security policy and then you simply connect to his computer under his name and password, or under the Administrator's name and password instead.

4. You can be nice to him and ask him why he is doing this and sort it out diplomatically. Ask him why he wishes to deny you access to his computer and if he has a good reason, maybe you have to respect his wishes especially if it is his computer!
            Best wishes,
            PaulH.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulH View Post
              OK there are several things you can do - you decide which one you feel happiest with.

1. You can make him a User, not an Administrator. He may have trouble running some programs, however, so this may not help you in the long run.

2. If the Windows installation is on an NTFS partition, you can alter the permissions to mmc.exe (which is in C:\Windows\System32) so that only you can run that program. Without it, he will have trouble running anything to do with local security policy, even if he tries to launch it from the Control Panel.

3. You can let him deny you access to your name in the local security policy and then you simply connect to his computer under his name and password, or under the Administrator's name and password instead.

4. You can be nice to him and ask him why he is doing this and sort it out diplomatically. Ask him why he wishes to deny you access to his computer and if he has a good reason, maybe you have to respect his wishes especially if it is his computer!

Thanks a lot.

You all are genius, i learn a lot from the website.Thank you once again.

Comment

Working...
              X