Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• installing windows components - XP Pro - IIS

Hi,

I'm trying to install IIS but am a little worried that I may uninstall/reinstall other components inadvertantly. Using Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs -> Add/Remove Windows Components I notice that several other Windows components are already checked. The window says "To add or remove a component, click the checkbox". Does this mean that the existing checked boxes will be ignored, rather than reinstalled/removed. Will only the components that I check this session be affected?

Many thanks in advance,

Steve

Re: installing windows components - XP Pro - IIS

So, the story is like this:
    When you go to Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs -> Add/Remove Windows Components, you see a list with everything the OS has to offer to you.
    A checked checkbox means that the specific component (and all its sub-components) are already installed on your computer. If you want to uninstall something, uncheck the checkbox.
    A grayed checked checkbox means that only part of sub-components of the specific component are installed on your computer. If you want to uninstall something, uncheck the checkbox.
    An empty checkbox means that the component is not installed. Check the box, if you want it installed. If you want to see its sub-components, click the Details button on the lower part of the window.
    Whenever you click the OK button, the system scans the list and installs or uninstalls components, according to your request. I advise not to do multiple actions in the same time (although it is possible), because it will make a possible troubleshooting process more difficult.
    Hope this info helped a bit.
    Good luck.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    -

Comment

Re: installing windows components - XP Pro - IIS

Thanks Sorin,

Much appreciated...

Steve

Comment

Working...
      X